Our body is what we eat. Well, eating the right foods can actually help you lose weight. We eat so many different foods throughout the day, so if we just take a little time to see what we are eating; it can help us to stay in shape. Eating certain healthy foods not only helps to gain energy but also helps to lose weight. You don’t have to go on a shopping spree to get lose weight; these super foods are available in most Indian households.
Here are the top 10 super foods that help in weight loss:
1. Pomegranates – If you’re fond of eating pomegranates, we’ve got wonderful news for you. This delicious fruit with seeds is a super food and can actually help you to lose weight. Pomegranates contain a lot of fiber and so you don’t feel hungry for a long time after eating them. They keep you full for longer periods of time. Moreover, pomegranates also block the triglycerides before they get stored in the body. Triglycerides are the bad fats and if you have high triglycerides, you are at an increased risk of contracting coronary artery disease.
2. Oats – An oatmeal breakfast is not relished by everyone if but we told you that a bowl of oats can help to tone your body? Yes, that’s right! A bowl of oats a day can help to reduce your waistline along with your cholesterol levels. Apparently, oats take a long time to digest and therefore they help to keep you satisfied for long. Not only do they keep you energized, they also keep your sugar levels under control. And the best thing is that you just need 10 minutes to prepare a healthy bowl of oats.
3. Olive oil – If you don’t cook your food in olive oil, it’s high time you should start doing so because olive oil is a natural weight loss food. Olive oil is very rich in monounsaturated fatty acids and these help to decrease the levels of LDL, the bad cholesterol in the body. They also help to increase the levels of HDL, the good cholesterol in our body. Increased levels of monounsaturated fatty acids helps to break the stored fats in the body.
4. Brown rice – If you really want to lose weight, you would need to replace your white rice with brown rice. Brown rice contains fewer amounts of calories as compared to white rice. They are very rich in fiber and this makes them even healthier. Eating brown rice helps to control the weight and also improves the weight loss. Brown rice helps to keep your colon clean. It helps to facilitate digestion and improve bowel function.
5. Almonds – These small brown colored nuts are the best snacks that you can munch in between meals. Not only are they a rich source of proteins and fats, almonds also contain various other nutrients such as Vitamin E and magnesium. The high level of magnesium in almonds helps to reduce your food cravings and also keeps blood sugar in control. Almonds also contain omega -3, 6 and 9 fatty acids and monounsaturated fatty acids, which help to reduce the belly fat and also maintain the Body Mass Index (BMI).
6. Pears – A pear is going to be your new favorite fruit as it can lead to a flat tummy. Studies have shown that a pear is a miracle fruit when it comes to weight loss. It has a low glycemic index, due to which the absorption of carbohydrates is slowed and hence a person has fewer food cravings. This highly nutritious fruit contains very few calories but it is packed with minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. They provide about 20% of the recommended amount of fiber to the body and help to maintain a healthy digestive system.
7. Bananas – The health benefits of bananas are very well known. Most people are aware that bananas help to curb the appetite and also get rid of bloating and inflammation. Bananas contain resistant starch, which makes the digestive system slow and relaxed and helps in breaking down stored fats. They improve the metabolism of the body and are great to prepare you for a workout. Due to the high amount of glucose, one feels energized after eating a banana and is apt to eat before heading the gym.
8. Pistachios – Packed with monounsaturated fatty acids, pistachios are friendly nuts that target the belly fat and help you to lose weight. Pistachios help to increase the secretion of certain hormones that help to regulate the metabolism of glucose and also increase the secretion of insulin in the body. This in turn helps to keep a check on blood sugar levels. Enjoy these wonderfully flavored nuts that supply ample amount of potassium to the body. Add sliced pistachios along with other nuts on your salads in place of mayonnaise and other fattening dressings and take inches off your body.
9. Spinach – Nutritionists always advise people to include lots of green leafy vegetables in their diet since they are very healthy and supply lots o nutrients to the body. If you eat lots of spinach you get an added advantage as it help to lose weight as well. This low-calorie vegetable is packed with nutrients and antioxidants and it also contains green leaf membranes known as thylakoids. Research has shown that thylakoids help to augment weight loss. Thylakoids increase the production of satiety hormones in the body and this helps to curb food cravings.
10. Cinnamon – This common Indian spice is very well-known for its aromatic flavor. Cinnamon contains anti-bacterial properties which help to eliminate the bad bacteria in the stomach. Cinnamon also helps to increase the metabolism of blood sugar in the body and this prevents fatty acids from getting stored in the body. It helps to digest the food properly but it slows the stomach from getting empty so that you don’t feel the need for unnecessary snacking.
Just include these super foods in your daily diet and shed those extra kilos off your body!