A well-proportioned body looks really attractive and goes a long way in building your self confidence. Not only does a shapely person have more friends, he/she also enjoys a flexible body and a strong immune system. If you’re looking for ways to lose weight quickly and are considering some crash diet plan – stop right there!
A crash diet might give you instant results but it deprives the body of various essential nutrients, which can lead to various deficiencies in the body. Also, a person on a crash diet is much more likely to have food cravings and if one is unable to resist the temptation, it can result in binge eating. Another disadvantage of following a crash diet is that the day you stop following it; you’re back to square one. Your weight starts increasing extremely fast and all your efforts go in vain.
Gradual weight loss takes time. Although we all know slow and steady wins the race but doing this needs a lot of patience and consistency. Many people, who try to lose weight gradually, give up on it and this puts a full stop on their weight loss regime.
If you’re tired of following different types of diets and still want to lose weight quickly, you’ve come to the right place. Well, there are some ways by which you can actually lose weight quickly. Home remedies do not have any side effects and they are much more effective.
Here are some safe home remedies to lose 5 Kgs in 2 weeks:
1. Exercise – A little bit of exercise per day is a must to burn all that extra fat. Not only does it help to keep active; it also speeds up the metabolism of the body and improves the stamina. Exercise helps to strengthen the immune system and also improves your mood. At least half an hour of brisk walk along with some strength training each day can do the trick. You just need to include some sort of physical activity in your daily routine.
2. Green Tea – Green tea helps to speed up our metabolism and improve digestion. This healthy beverage is packed with antioxidants and increases the burning of fat in the body. It also improves your stamina and so you can exercise much better. Green tea contains catechins which increase the production of certain hormones. These hormones make the fat cells to break down the fats and release them in to the bloodstream so that they are available in the form of energy.
Tip – Add a teaspoon of lemon juice to your green tea for added effect.
3. Smoothies – A healthy smoothie for breakfast is a great way to increase weight loss. Just make sure that you load your smoothie with the correct mix of ingredients so that it contains all the nutrients. If properly prepared, a smoothie fills your stomach and you don’t feel hungry before long!
Here’s how you can make your own smoothie!
• 1 cup soy milk
• 1 cup rice milk
• 1 cup orange juice
• 4 fresh strawberries
• 1 ripe banana
• 1 tablespoon cherry juice
• 1 tablespoon aloe vera juice
• 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil
Just mix all these in a blender until smooth and you’re good to go. The biggest advantage of this smoothie is that it does not contain any added sugars or artificial flavors.
4. Fennel – If you drink fennel seed water throughout the day can actually help you to lose weight faster than you think. Fennel helps to accelerate the metabolism of the body. It helps to eliminate all the toxins from the body and also purifies the blood. It suppresses hunger so that you feel hungry less often. It also increases the production of the hormone melatonin which regulates our sleep cycles. A sound sleep at night goes a long way in speeding up weight loss.
Tip – Roast fennel seeds in a pan for 20 seconds. Now boil water in a kettle and pour this water over the fennel seeds. Cover it with a lid and wait for it to cool down.
5. Hot Water – You do not have to burn your tongue; just substitute cold water with lukewarm or slightly hot water. Hot water prevents any fats from getting stuck to the walls of the blood vessels and improves your metabolism. Also hot water is better able to quench your thirst as compared to cold water. Try not to drink water half an hour before and after a meal. Drinking water immediately after eating food dilutes the gastric juices and food remains in the stomach for long. This eventually leads to weight gain.
Tip – Add a teaspoon of honey and lemon juice to water. You can also add cinnamon and honey to hot water. Not only is a great starting to a day; it helps to stimulate the metabolism and lowers blood sugar levels and cholesterol.
Include lots of fresh veggies in your daily diet, since they have fiber and antioxidants. They help to make you feel fuller for long and you don’t crave unnecessary snacks in between meals. Fresh salads provide the much needed roughage to the body and decrease cravings. Also try and avoid fatty foods and sugar since they supply numerous calories and also make your blood sugar lever shoot up instantly. Try not to miss a meal because when you eat after a long time, you tend to indulge in binge eating and this leads to immediate gain in weight. Monitor the number of calories you eat each day and make sure you don’t overdo it. Try to avoid having meals while watching television. It has been observed that a person gets engrossed in watching televisions and tends to overeat. Always eat meals at the dining table. Not only will you get to enjoy meals with your family; your tummy will feel fuller faster and you’ll not overeat.
Get in to shape with our home remedies and enjoy all the attention!