Impotence, which is also known as Erectile Dysfunction in medical terms, affects as much as 50% of the males in the world. ED is a condition in which a man is unable to achieve an erection during sexual intercourse. The degree of difficulty may vary from person to person. Some men do get an erection but cannot maintain it. Some get an erection but it’s not as firm as it ought to be. There are others who face problems getting an erection when they have a new partner.
In spite of the fact that ED is a fairly common problem, most men do not talk about it or discuss their problem. Neither do they like to confide in their partner, nor do they visit a doctor. It is very frustrating and depressing for a man when he cannot get an erection. Men who suffer from ED feel really detached and think that they have lost their masculinity. Although they may not tell their partner about the problem they are facing; they may make all sorts of excuses if their partner tries to get intimate. They experience a reduced or no sexual desire and this leaves them feeling guilty and angry.
It is very difficult for them to admit this fact since it makes them feel that they are not man enough anymore. Men have always been perceived as the stronger sex and they do not even like to discuss their problems with their fellow mates like women do!
Causes of Impotence
Impotence can be caused due to various reasons. These include performance anxiety, stress, tiredness and relationship issues. Excessive consumption of alcohol and tobacco abuse has also been linked to ED and premature ejaculation. Although Ed is most common in men above the age of 50, but given the above factors, it can occur at any age. Alcohol abuse at any age can ruin your sexual life.
Men suffering from diabetes, heart disease, high cholesterol, obesity, depression, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis and those who have an enlarged prostate gland are more susceptible to ED. Getting an erection involves hormones, brain, muscles, blood vessels and nerves. A difficulty with any of the above mentioned components can result in ED. Low levels of testosterone and poor blood circulation are the two most important underlying causes of ED.
How to Cure Erectile Dysfunction
Men suffering from ED can go to any extent to get their dignity back. Once they decide to visit a sexologist, they will take all those hormone enhancing medicines along with the popular Viagra but these can cause further problems if used over a prolonged period of time. Some of the most common side effects of ED medications include headache, dizziness, vision changes, nasal congestion, facial flushing and an upset stomach.
Other medications that can help with ED are erection-inducing injections and testosterone replacement injections. However, these too can cause serious side effects such as pain in the penis, breast enlargement, and irritation in the gums, acne and increased urination.
The good news is that there are some natural treatments also available that can help to cure ED. Let’s take a look at some home remedies to cure ED.
Home Remedies to Cure Erectile Dysfunction at Home
1. Ginseng – Get your sex life back with Ginseng. The Korean red ginseng is considered to be the most natural cure for erectile dysfunction. Often referred to as the ‘Herbal Viagra’, ginseng helps to increase the flow of blood to the penis and this leads to more rigid and lasting erections. One can easily consume ginseng in the form of Korean red ginseng tea. Drinking ginseng tea three times a day before your meals can help to cure erectile dysfunction effectively.
2. Arginine – This is an essential amino acid that works as an effective home remedy for curing impotence. Arginine helps to increase the production of nitric oxide in the body and this helps to relax the blood vessels and muscles of the penis and improve the blood circulation. It also helps to increase the levels of testosterone which is an added advantage. Studies have shown that it works just like Viagra but it is very quick and doesn’t have any side effects like Viagra.
3. Cayenne Pepper and Garlic – Another potent remedy for curing impotence is the deadly combination of cayenne pepper and garlic. Red chili pepper helps to improve the blood circulation in the entire body and garlic work effectively to improve the flow of blood to the genital area. Many people may find it difficult to consume the spicy chili and garlic but considering its speed and added benefits; men do eat it. Red chili pepper and garlic help to keep a check on cholesterol and also reduce the blood pressure.
4. Boric Acid – Mostly available in our homes, boric acid is a very effective remedy for curing ED. Boric acid helps to regulate thee metabolism of sex hormones in the body. It also helps to increase the level of testosterone in the body. Just add 5gms of boric acid in one liter of water and store it in a bottle. Now consume 15ml of this solution every day after frequent intervals.
5. Magnesium – Magnesium works effectively in combination with boric acid. A transdermal magnesium spray is the cheapest way to cure ED. One can easily prepare a magnesium spray at home. Just boil some distilled water and add two cups of regular boiled water in it. Now add approximately two cups of magnesium chloride flakes. Mix them thoroughly until all the flakes are completely mixed. Allow the solution to cool and then pour it in to a spray bottle. Spray about 10 times on different parts of the body and shower after an hour. Magnesium is absorbed by the body easily.
Apart from these home remedies, make it a point to exercise regularly and eat a healthy diet. This keeps you active, improves your stamina, releases stress and improves blood circulation in the body. Refrain from consuming alcohol in excessive quantity and excessive smoking. All these factors go a long way in keeping Erectile Dysfunction at bay!